Jeans can be divided into straight-leg type, flared-leg type, small-leg pants type, high-waisted jeans, mid-waisted jeans, and low-waisted jeans. The following is an introduction to various categories.
1. Classification by version
1) Straight barrel type:
The name of modern trousers, also known as “trousers”. The crotch openings of straight-leg pants are generally not rolled up. Due to the large leg openings (same as the middle crotch), the trousers are straight, so it has a neat and stable feeling. When cutting, the hips can be slightly tight, and the middle crotch should be slightly raised, which can better reflect the loose and straight characteristics of the trousers.
2) Thin and narrow type:
Styles that emphasize graceful posture, such as Levi’s606, EDWIN502, Lee301, etc.;
3) Flared trousers tube type
Bell trousers, the name of modern trousers. The so-called flared pants are named after the trouser legs are shaped like horns. Its characteristics are: low waist, short crotch, tightly wrapped around the hips; the trouser legs are narrow at the top and wide at the bottom, gradually opening from below the knee. The size of the trouser opening is obviously larger than the size of the knee, forming a flared shape.
5) Pants type:
Slim-fit pants are a kind of trousers with tight top and bottom, also called taper trousers. The broad category is called Slim-fit pants. This type of trousers is characterized by thin calf to ankle, and the whole trousers are awl-shaped. Some people think that leggings are pencil pants, but they are actually different. Pencil pants are thinner on top and bottom, but they are a little looser than ordinary leggings.
2. Classified by style
The degree of closeness
1) Elastic close-fitting jeans, cut with a more elastic fabric, are easier to fit and highlight the curves of the legs and buttocks.
2) Legging jeans, which are between panties and jeans. The fabric is softer and easy to fit and highlight the curves of the legs and buttocks.
3) Close-fitting jeans, slightly narrowed legs, less reflecting the curve of the legs than the wrap-around and close-fitting styles.
4) Super-fitting jeans, narrow-legged styles, are less likely to reflect the curve of the legs than the wrap-around and close-fitting styles.
1) Very high-waisted jeans, with a front wave of more than 10″ high-waist.
2) High-waist jeans, jeans with a waistline higher than the belly button, were very popular in the European and American Chinese communities at the end of the 20th century.
3) Mid-rise jeans, with the waistband below the belly button and above the hip bone. Common standard wide type.
4) Low-rise jeans, jeans with a waistline lower than the hip bone, are mostly women’s clothing. There are also a small number of menswear designed specifically to highlight male muscles and other sexy factors.
The shape of the trouser legs
1) Flared jeans with flared trousers. It is also divided into big horn type and small horn type.
2) Curved jeans with obvious bending and cut at the knees.
3) Narrow-tube jeans, a style that emphasizes the curve of the legs more than ordinary jeans.
4) Straight jeans, a common standard style.
3. Classified by suitable occasions
(1) Casual pants:
a. Features of jeans: the style is tight and tight, full of youthful flavor.
b. Fashion leisure features: avant-garde leisure, usually more attention to appearance decoration.
c. Sports and leisure features: loose and comfortable, suitable for sports.
(2) Features of dress pants:
It can be matched in many ways, suitable for formal occasions, and has various styles.
4. Classification by length
(1) The length of trousers is generally:
3 feet long, 3 feet 1 inch long, 3 feet 2 inches long, and 3 feet 3 inches long.
(2) Breeches points:
Cropped pants (length 70cm, 2 feet 1 inch)
Eight pants (length 80cm, 2 feet 4 inches)
Nine pants (length 90cm, 2 feet 7 inches)
Ten pants (length 97cm, 2 feet 9 inches)
As a professional manufacturer of jeans, we can custom any style of jeans as your requirement. Pleaase kindly send us an email for getting more customized information.